Thursday, January 1, 2009

B-B-B-Benny and the Jets


This was the scene at our New Years Party....literally 30 seconds before midnight!

We kicked off the party at 5p.m. when Mandy and Lucas arrived with the Karaoke machine. Unlike other karaoke parties Ive been to, it wasn't hard to get people to sing. We had to pry the microphone out of Lucas' hands (a couple of time through the night - haha). Tyler and Trudi showed up and Tyler showed us his "skills" which were quite impressive. The kids got in on the action with "Hit me with your best shot" and "Girlfriend" It was then I wondered if we needed to get the edited versions.....haha! Sam, the kids and I sang one of our family favs "We are family" and after a little "Benny and the Jets" it was off with the kids to bed.

Joe and Amy arrived and we pig'd out on my version of Cafe Rio's Pork Barbacoa Burritos and Salad. Someone should have brought BEANO for the guacamole, beandip and salsa - NICE! But it all tasted great...... We watched 24 Redemption and made fun of poor 'aul Jack Bower being tortured, had another round of Karaoke and then launched a game of RISK. The new version of Risk took a little getting used to but in no time we were taking over the world...well Lucas was..heehee! OH NO.......7 minutes to midnight.......BUST OUT THE MARTINELLI's (Apple Cider).

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

So now its 2009.....a new year! I love the fresh feeling that comes with a new year. It seems that resolutions are defeated before they even get off the ground but I do think it's a great opportunity to reflect on the past year and see how we can improve ourselves physically, financially, mentally and spiritually. I'm excited for some of the things I want to do this year and really want to be a better self in 2009. As our children get older I realized that "time stops for no man" so my main goal this year is to make the most of my time during 2009, hmmm it even rhymes........wheres that karaoke mic!!!

7 comments:

shaunandnina said...

Your posts make me laugh out loud! i miss you! We had a get together, and your family was missed, so let's plan another one really soon.

Kim Bee said...

ah selena wished we couldve been there with you all. We will be up for sure before you're down for the summer reunion!

Kim Bee said...

p.s. I look a little tipsy but amy is the one holding two cups....that wild girl...haha!

jenreeder said...

Dang! I wish could have been there... you guys look like you are having so much fun.
Happy New Year and good job on posting!

Anonymous said...

Wow you are doing a great job of keeping up the blog I am impressed. I love the Christmas tradition of locking them behind the gate. Looks like a fun holiday for you all around. Guess what? I am now the 1st counc in RS. I guess I cant get away from it.

The Brock Family said...

That party sounds like a lot of fun! We can't wait to come to Vegas and see everyone this summer, so make sure to let us know when you are all getting together!

ABBOTTLAND said...

ha ha, it was fabulous sharon. And the FoOD, criminal....yeah I shouldv'e brought beano :) Lets do it again next year! Lets do the Karaoke again soon, maybe in the afternoon some Saturday.....