Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas Morning

Since we've been in this house we've had a new Christmas morning tradition. The kids' bedrooms are downstairs and our bedroom is upstairs with the Christmas tree in a room on a middle floor in between our floors. SO if the kids come up to our room they would see what Santa brought and that would ruin the fun of Christmas morning for Sam and I. So we devised a plan last year. We give Baili my cell phone so when they wake up they all get together and call us on Sams cell phone. Then they have to wait behind a baby gate until we make it downstairs to pick them up. It's so funny to hear their phone call......"WE'RE AWAKE, GET UP...COME GET US......" I had to make the rule that Sam doesn't choose that time to start teasing the kids with "Oh let us just sleep for a few more minutes" which he usually does anyway - ha! Once we hurry and check that Santa did come, this is what we find when we make it downstairs. I love the excitement in each of their eyes.......it's the best part of Christmas morning.

1 comments:

Aimee Memory said...

Brian and I thought that was so funny. We would do the same thing too. Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!!