Tuesday, February 24, 2009

What's New?????

SO I’m sitting at Kami’s dentist for a few hours, gone through all the magazines I can handle and thought I would finally blog a bit. This was my excuse for not joining the blogging world sooner, that I wouldn’t stay on top of it. But really it’s only been like a month or something……what’s new, what’s new??? Well since Trudi’s wedding, we’ve been busy with a new house we bought. It’s actually in our old neighborhood, where we lived before where we live now. We know the cost and pricing for the exact house. It amazes me what we paid for our original house (from the builder), what we ended up selling it for, and now how much we just paid for this new house! I only have Sam to thank for his impeccable timing. This housing market is INSANE. Did you know Nevada leads the states in the foreclosure crisis – yep.......crazy! Well anyway we got a great deal on this home and were excited to do a bit of fixing-up. We repainted the entire house, put in new baseboards and new carpet, cleaned & fixed up landscaping and painted the concrete garage floor and patio. I love taking something, like a house, and changing it. Seeing it go from a dirty, stained mess with minor plumbing and other repairs to practically a new house, is really exciting to me and we love the finished product. Hopefully Mandy and Lucas will be moving into it in the next month or so which we would love because it would be so nice to have them live closer to us.
The children are all doing well and staying busy with their various activities. Baili is playing on two soccer leagues right now and getting ready to start the regular spring season. She is excelling in soccer, playing defense and goalie. She is motivated, competitive and learning great things with the Ballistic club. Jacob is back at Tae Kwon Do and gearing up for his first Football season. He seriously loves football. He was funny during the super bowl - he wasn’t interested in watching the whole thing because we had friends over and he was playing with them but he would come check in on the score every 10-15 minutes to see if the Steelers were winning. I was very concerned about the ramifications in our lives, if they lost and how I could cope with Jacob…ha-ha….just kidding but he was very intense about “HIS” team winning the bowl. Ryan is doing great at preschool and takes gymnastics class weekly. He has done well since he started TKD and in just a month and a half has improved with the discipline from Master Allen. He is hilarious to watch when they spar (fight) in class. My little jumping bean!!! He just bops around and when he remembers to be aggressive, makes a scary “grrrrr” face at his opponent. He has developed a nice roundhouse kick and is trying to work his way into the high-belt class (Jacobs’s class) even though he is only a white belt. Funny little guy!
Kami, well I was just told she cried the whole way through her “SEDATED” filling. I’m thinking if Sam and I play our cards right we could make a whole lot of money out of this little girl and her acting abilities……. J She started a creative movement class (she calls it ballet) and I love to see her shine and enjoy herself during the class. The teacher is an eccentric older lady which is right up Kami’s alley. It’s so cute to watch Kami’s facial expressions as she dances with ribbon, walks like a mouse or elephant and sinks into her own dancing world.
Sam & I have started a new early morning routine that we’re loving. We’re read together in the morning and Sam has started to use his father’s day gift – the treadmill. He’s looking good and I think he’s feeling great! Now that is a perfect lead-in to my next post…..

1 comments:

shaunandnina said...

That is so fun! Love those kids! Elise and Alec are in an acting class and they love it! Go Kammi!