Sunday, February 14, 2010

V-Day 2010

My track record on valentines day is not the best. One year as a teenager I broke up with my boyfriend (in Wexford) on valentines night, right after he gave me a beautiful gold claddagh bracelet (that I still wear). For years I felt bad about my timing *tear*
So this year I decided to turn things around and make valentines weekend a great one! I set up babysitters for almost the whole day saturday and took Sam on a mystery date! haha.....it felt like back in High School when you have those day long dates (sadies, homecoming....) I mean, I had many many of those...lol!
So we started off with racquetball at the gym, something Sam has wanted to do since he got his "gear" for Christmas. It was really fun. Even though I love to workout, I didn't think I'd love racquetball but it was good. Sam admitted at the end that I was better than he thought I was going to be - which said a lot considering I lost two games, like 30-10!! He's kind.......
We stopped into his office at work and then went to the swap meet. Sam didn't know but I wanted to get his ring cut off......YES FREEBIRD....jk! His ring over the years had gotten really tight - to the point where his wedding finger was numb - NOT GOOD. So we found a jeweler that cut it off (with a little extra work) and he did it for FREE - yay!!!
I had set up a massage appointment in the late afternoon for us both, which was AMAZING and then we went to eat at Sam's favorite place "THE SILVERTON" buffet.....and yes we ate lots and lots of their chocolate covered strawberries.
It was a really great day and just spending so much time together was the funnest part. Don't worry, the kids had a blast also. We have great babysitters.
So today was more of a family valentines day.....we started with pink pancakes, with white chocolate chips and strawberry milk. After church we took a picnic to Floyd Lamb Park.
Sam and the kids played football, fed the ducks and we took a walk around the lake. We saw beautiful peacocks and took some fun pictures. Now I know the inspiration for the Vegas Showgirls - check out the picture of the white peacock! And yes - his or her booty is in the air.....typical....hahahahah!
Sam and I were working on some church stuff tonight in our room and could hear the kids planning something in the kitchen. They finally got us to come out and they had set up the table with valentines decorations - cookies and martinellis (sparkling apple cider - yum). They really enjoyed this holiday. We went around the table and all told our favorite part of the valentines weekend. Its hard to pick a favorite part because it was all really great.
I love Sam, Baili, Jacob, Ryan and Kami all so very much!









5 comments:

Corrine said...

Cute and fun!!!

The Matlocks said...

Cute, the kids are getting so big.

ABBOTTLAND said...

Great pics of the kids. What a great idea to do a whole day long date for Valentines. I know you and Sam don't always get that quality time together. Glad you guys had a blast. The kids are so cute. They remind me of when we used to organize mam's birthday or mothers day breakfast. Good times!
~Mandy

The Brock Family said...

Sounds like a GREAT weekend!!!!

DancELation said...

DITTO! WE are sure missing the Bainbridge family and send cold and snowy hugs and love to warm Vegas!