I guess I was so tired last night I published this post with no content - oops! I was sitting at the pool at the YMCA and literally slouched over, lay on the towels and closed my eyes.......reminiscent of a homeless women, I know, but yesterday was one of the longest days in my life and as I sat there I thought to myself, "how did I get through this day?" Glad that I had of course! The night before I went to bed after one a.m. simply because I had taken a two hour nap on Sunday from 5:30-7:30 (note to self - not the best idea). I knew Monday morning needed to be an early one, but I couldn't sleep so Sam and I watched COPS with a glaze over our eyes. Monday:
6:15 get up, dressed, off to walmart
6:45 returns at walmart and groceries
7:20 Sams club (we have no milk at home)
8: 35 Walk in the door, home, to find Jacob is sick and probably can't go to school....the day is getting good now!
9:10 Kids late to school, Ryan with a note to Mrs. Jensen that I will be there to help in class as soon as I can because some "stuff" has come up!
9:15 Run to redbox for Jacob who is going to stay home ALONE, Fresh N Easy for minced garlic because im bringing dinner to a friend but they asked for this one particular meal that they thought I made at the ward Christmas party that I didn't, but Im an overachiever so I got the recipe from it's original owner between 8:20 and 8:35 - BREATHE.......
9:30 Drop dvd's and sprite home to Jacob, tell him not to answer the door - RUN
9:40 Get to ryans class.....busy busy, paint 18-20 sunflowers with the kids. If only they knew the kind of patience I exercised at 10:55 as they SLOWLY washed their hands to clean off the yellow paint, "come on man, I need to be somewhere at 11a.m." MOVE
11:05 Arrive at mandy and lucas's for appraisal, act like I live there, eat a banana.....phew!
11:28 Speed to the dollar tree to pick up 18 frames for the YW craft I almost forgot until my presidency meeting on sunday when I remembered in some mad moment I had volunteered, "oh I can do the craft with the girls....it'll be fun!" yayyyyy......
11:45 Pick up Kami from school, home to check on Jacob
12:05 Cut up chicken, begin to marinate. Random lady from Craigslist comes by, after a couple of phone calls and texts, to pick up a tote of Polly Pockets (Im still on the impossible quest to organize and purge my house). WOW - were at a half way point - grab some lunch and off we go to LVAC (gym). Jacobs feeling better and has spent at least three hours playing Wizards 101 - ummm ya!
1:10 Check Kami into playroom, PEE (it has to be done) and go teach class - this is why I love to workout and now to teach, because it is my best stress reliever.
2:50 Oops forgot my van needs to be registered TODAY, call Sarah to pick up kids for me...on my way to get the SMOG check i should have done last week - eeeeek.
3:15 Smog check - CHECK! Gotta go to Smiths - forgot heavy whipping cream for "special" dinner.
3:55 Done at Smiths, got everything but WhIpPInG CrEaM - CRAPola....seriously whyyyy?
4:10 Home start dinner. Kids get in, start homework - kitchen a mess, life a mess.....PEE!
5:15 Text my friend that we will be late with dinner.....wonder if this day will ever end, as Im sure you do- yawn!
5:40 Drop off dinner, had extra for my new neighbor who has taken ryan for a walk with her family (memories of a post from last year about smelling the roses....what roses, dead dandelions is all ive got today...lol)
6:00 after having a nice visit with friend, speed home because I have yet again left kids ALONE, well Baili is 11 so I mean??? It's ok right?
6:10 call Sam, "hey are we still going to the YMCA to swim with kids....im so tired but if you'll swim with them lets go"
6:30 Sit down for 10 mins on my bed - aaaahhhhh!
6:40 Load up kids, towels, flipflops, goggles and off we go
7:05 walking into YMCA - this, by the way, is our new family "thing." I was inspired by my mam who when we were little, "surprised" us one time with a trip to our community pool in Clondalkin. I remember it as a great childhood memory and something really fun we did as a family, so I stole the idea, added the kids to my Y membership and we've been there twice in the last 4 days. The plan is that Sam and I will swim with the kids but not tonight, not when I can barely put one foot in front of the other......I should have gone to bed earlier than 1a.m. last night - curse you COPS!
And that brings me back to the slouching homeless woman (ME) on the bench. The lifeguards look concerned, Sam is motioning something and the kids are oblivious. I'm glad they re having fun and I smile...."I did it....I made it through this crazy day."
8:10 Crawled into bed - goodnight world! ohhh, its Sams birthday tomorrow so I set alarm for 6:30a.m. :)

6 comments:
Sometimes I really do wish I was that busy :) I guess chasing after a one year old keeps me going. Glad you got it all done and were able to do something fun with the kids. I miss the YMCA soooo much.
You need to slow the fuzz down! Seriously!!!! Sometimes you need to say NO! But, way cute idea about the swimming pool and kids and you and Sam. I love it!!! xoxo
http://mustache-latest.blogspot.com/
OMIGOSH!!! I am seriously breaking out in a sweat reading about your crazy day. I don't know how you do it? That is so fun that you guys have been going to the Y to swim. Now your kids can be fish all year long :) So....how many more peeps can you add to your membership? Just asking :) BTW, you owe me 50 cents for the banana :)
Oh my gosh, I found myself holding my breath and about to hyperventalte just reading about your day!! you are insane woman!!!
That sounds like torture. I know you thrive on activity - but I think you might want to get over that superhero complex! J/K Glad you survived and no one could ever mistake you for a homeless woman b/c you still have all of your teeth ;)
Post a Comment