Sunday, May 1, 2011

Jacobs Pinewood Derby



Jacob came home from scouts one night with tears in his eyes and told Sam and I that he had told his scout leaders he would not be participating in the pinewood derby this year because, quote "we are too busy, my dad has busy season and my mom teaches zumba now" awwww tear! I told him of course he would have a car for the race and there was nothing that would keep us from giving him the time he needed to be part of the derby.

Now, last year was our first experience of making a car together. Jacob drew on his block and then we hacked at it and let him sand it all off. I did make the mistake of putting the weights on the bottom of the carriage so when it hit the end of the race ramp, it sort of bottomed out - oops!

This year Jacob found a design he liked online and got some help from our good friend Val Hancock, who also made Ryan a car while he was at it. He was super proud of how it looked and he did really well in the race.

1 comments:

The Matlocks said...

such a tender heart! Congrats to Jacob and way to not mess up the weights this year. LOL. I dread scouts with Noah and hope that by that time...they will have home school scouts...LOL.