Friday, June 10, 2011

Touching the Temple

Our ward challenge this month is to "touch the temple." I think the idea came from the youth TREK TO THE TEMPLE. After our 20 mile walk, the temple president challenged the youth to go up and actually, physically touch the temple, but more importantly to let the temple touch them in their lives.
So the kids and I took a walk around the temple last week. We took these pictures. I told the kids about the tree in the second picture above. When the kids were much younger, actually I think Ryan was the baby, we used to take field trips up to the temple and just sit on the grounds. I remember bringing bubbles for the kids and I would sit them up in that tree and they would blow the bubbles. Its amazing how small the tree looks now, time has flown.
The peace on the temple grounds is almost tangible and I love it there. It brings the important things in life to the front of my mind and all the other things seem less important. It reminds me of family, love and great memories!

2 comments:

DancELation said...

Hi KIM! Thanks for the Birthday wishes, but seriously, why do you have to make your voice sound so clear and crisp and vibrant and on tune-I don't know-like a PROFESSIONAL singer! I feel like I owe you a tip for a Singing Telegram or something. J/K All joking aside, I couldn't help as I listened, how beautiful your voice is- sooooo talented. Anyways, hope all is well. Things aren't as crazy now that school's out, recital finished, and soccer season done-for now. I started teaching my "dancercise" class last week. It's been fun! Let's just say it's "a lot" easier teaching adults than kids. Still, I'm hoping to get some ideas on songs from you-I have 7 songs(all different genre) right now but would love to have more. I'm sure you're busy with girl's camp and youth conference and well, taking care of a household with 4 cute kids-but call me when you get a sec and I'll try doing the same. Love you guys-MISS YOU!!!

The Allison Family said...

Hey Kim, I don't if its your blog or my computer, but I can't see any of the words on your blog!! Its like they are the same color as the background! Weird! If I click on it I can see part of it, but thats it! Anyway! I can't believe how big the kids are now and what a cute baby Mandy has! I didn't even know she was pregnant! You're not keeping me in the loop very good...what are you busy or something? ;) Hugs and Kisses-Tammy