That night we went black Friday - which has turned into black Thursday night - shopping. We left just before 10p.m. and what a nightmare.....Breathe!!! so in the past, Ive shopped at Walmart & Target and its been pretty pain free. Not this year.....I was not in Walmart for more than 10 minutes before I started to feel claustrophobia and stress. I couldn't maneuver the cart anywhere, couldn't find anything on my list and couldn't breath - at all!!! I called Amy and she, Cecelia and Tiffany had all come to the same conclusion. THIS WAS NOT WORTH IT!!! One of the few times I have left Walmart empty handed....boohoo....tears and snots...not really!
We decided to get a jump on the line at Target only problem was it was 11p.m. and they didn't open till midnight. We got our spot in line, Cecelia and I picked up some hot coco and M&M's and we met two cute twin sisters behind us to chat with. It was fun. When Target opened, we got pretty much everything we all wanted but I vowed there and then that this was the finale for me. It just wasn't worth a sleepless night, standing in the freezing (freezing for us Trudi) cold and on top of it all I picked up an ear and sinus infection that lasted for week. I know I sound like a total negative nancy, but for real, I don't want to forget this next year and head out thinking "ah it'll be fun, worth it, exciting...." NO IT WONT..... bring on the online shopping and realistic 7a.m. Friday morning shopping.
On the Saturday after thanksgiving we took all the kids to a Circus for Eli's birthday. It was a bit cheesy in parts but the kids soaked it up. Some of the shows were really death defying and scary. The elephants were awesome. We had a good time.



0 comments:
Post a Comment