Mandy and the kids came over, we watched movies, BBQ'd lobster and burgers and waited for the ball to drop in New York. The ball dropped at 9p.m. our time, midnight on the East Coast....AND we missed it! The kids were mad but we promised them that we would catch it at 12 o clock. At 12 we couldn't find the NY ball so we watched the local fireworks going off on the strip, drank sparkling apple cider and wished each other happy new year. The kids ran out on the balcony and yelled "HAPPY NEW YEAR" our neighbors were lighting fruit on fire, fireworks were flying in the air and it was all nutty and crazy for about 7 mins. Look at the picture I took of Kami and Niamh....every time the neighbors fruit blew up, the girls started squealing like crazy....it was pretty funny. Finally at about 12:20 the kids started complaining that they didn't get to see the ball drop so we looked for a rerun on CNN and found it. We counted down and wished each other a second happy new year, then Jacob got mad and said "that was dumb, is that all that happens" I asked him what he thought was supposed to happen and he said, "I thought a big ball flew out of the sky...." aha hahaha ahahhahahah!!! I guess they wanted something a little bit more spectacular!




2 comments:
The lobster looks yummy!
Hey kim. It was great to see your family pics. I cannot believe how much your kids have grown.
Love, Nit
Post a Comment