Everytime Im back home in Ireland, I feel the urge to go see my sweet elementary school teacher, Sister Catherine. She and Sister Mary were my elementary school teachers for four years. During that time so much happened and changed in my life. My parents separated and Dad moved out. I had a lot of weight on my shoulders as the eldest child at home and in 1988 when I was 10 years old we joined the LDS church. Both teachers are Catholic Nuns in the Salesian Order. These ladies were so influential in my life. I always felt love and concern from them. They were fun and made learning fun. I remember doing the musical "Oliver" when I was in 5th class and just remembered while I visited with Sister Catherine this last time, a production of John Bosco, a catholic saint that we had learned about when I was at school. Such fond memories. Seriously these beautiful ladies have not aged. They live a clean life of service and any students that come in contact with them, feel important, loved and that they matter. One of the things that I appreciated so much was when I was baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, I would sit outside the classroom door and read the Book of Mormon during "religion" time, I never felt judged or treated differently by these sisters. It was great, as always, to catch up with Sister Catherine at her house across from the school. I have such a love for these ladies.
I took this picture walking home as memories of my childhood ran through my mind.
The bottom picture was a random student at Colaiste Chillian, where I attended secondary school (like HS). This is the same uniform I wore when I was a student there. She thought I was nuts and my Dad wasn't too happy that I was stopping random kids for pictures, but I couldn't help myself.
I took this picture walking home as memories of my childhood ran through my mind.
The bottom picture was a random student at Colaiste Chillian, where I attended secondary school (like HS). This is the same uniform I wore when I was a student there. She thought I was nuts and my Dad wasn't too happy that I was stopping random kids for pictures, but I couldn't help myself.


0 comments:
Post a Comment