Sunday, September 7, 2008

A Day at the Park



Now that Sam's busy time is over at work, we finally have him back! When we got back from Florida, he was still playing catch up so Saturday was the first day we really had a full day together. We started the morning off with Baili's soccer game, then got ready for our picnic. Floyd Lamb State park is litterally about a mile away from our house.


It's so nice to have some water and trees nearby when you live in the dessert! It's really pretty there and we felt so relaxed having our picnic and watching people fishing and playing with their families. It was very peaceful and I felt as though I wasn't in Vegas for a few hours!


We brought some bread to feed the ducks but they were totally out of control. Once they realized we had food and were giving it to them........they started chasing us. Run away......

Jacob was funny and froze still saying "get them away from me..." Kami on the other hand, screamed her lungs out and the peace of the park ended for about 7 minutes! lol.....

She was terrified because one of the ducks plucked a piece of bread out of her hands!


We left the ducks....really quickly.....and walked around the man-made lake in the park. It felt so nice to spend time together as a whole family and to have "daddy" with us!
Then to ruin that nice moment, the kids found a rotten catfish that they thought was awesome. I took a picture of them looking at it, it was way to nasty to photograph - blah!



When we got back to the carpark the kids unloaded their bikes and rode around the lake. They had a lot of fun because we don't usually make time to do this. Kami was trying but got too hot and gave up......we hung out on the grass and watched the others!






3 comments:

ABBOTTLAND said...

Sounds like an awesome family day. I'm glad you guys got to do this. The pics are so cute of all the kids on their bikes. Maybe we'll come with you guys next time you go for a picnic.
~Mandy

The Brock Family said...

I hate ducks and geese! They are evil little creatures! It sounds like you had a lot of fun though!

Anonymous said...

Okay I just found your blog! I am so glad you are blogging. I was dying about the Ryan stories. I was bummed we didnt get to see you last time I was there. Maybe next time in October.