My Mam called me this morning after reading my blog and was dying to know what the next blog was going to be about. I knew she wanted to ask me if I was preggers again but NAY.......she will have to wait to hear those words from one of the other "DEVINE" girls!!!
My news is that Ive signed up to take part in the RAGE IN THE SAGE triathalon. It's April 18th (yes of this year.....aaagghhh) and Im really excited. I went back and forth on doing it and actually decided not to, there wasnt enough time to train, ummmm I dont swim, like laps with proper breathing, and did I mention Im not a runner either. Now give me a good spin class and Im there, although last time I was on a real bike was when I was 16 on a mini mission with the sister missionaries in Ireland. Well no, there was one time in FL, Sam and Kati and I took a bike ride and they smoked me, all the time making fun of how I was riding.
Why did I change my mind then?
Well I think it's going to be great. I dont care about my time or where I place (preferably not last) but I love the challenge, well the idea of the challenge anyway! I've started to run and can do a little over a mile without having to call EMT's so that's a start. I will don my new speedo swim suit with matching swim cap and goggles tonight at the gym for my first training session with another girl thats doing it. I WILL BE HOT......I just know it.....ROTFL....(rolling on the floor laughing) But I do get to wear a wetsuit which I think will be an experience all in itself.
Anyway, cheer me on from wherever you are and pray that I dont injure myself before the big day. I actually just learned today that you gotta fix your own bike if it breaks on the race sooooo, that will also be a new learning experience. Oh by the way, anyone out there have a road bike I can borrow because I dont actually have one??? Minor detail that........

5 comments:
It's a great feeling to cross the finish line. (Being consistent with your training was the hardest part!) Good luck!
HAVE ANOTHER BABY! No one else will say it, but I will. lol. Smooches!
Girlfriend! Still gungho crazy like ever! Hat's off to you for even contemplating not only a marathon- but a triathalon@#&@!! My thing would not only be trying to swim- but getting over the fact I'd swimming with-other things-like aaaa-big fish! UGHHH! That alone keeps me from water skiing on the reservoir. Hey, I feel bad we never get to talk. I'm thinking of you every once in awhile though like- is she learning any new hot sexy salsa moves, or I wonder if she's found any awesome treasures dumpster diving or on Craig's list- Or where Taxi driver Kim's taking the Bainbridge Caravan today. Love ya lots, Celeste
Good for you-I love a good challenge-if I was there I would maybe do it with you. You will do great!! I will be cheering you on from Okie land. Miss ya!
HI Kim, It's Sadie (Perkins). I just wanted to tell you that I did my first triathlon last September and even though I didn't feel fully prepared for it, it was the most amazing, wonderful, and powerful feeling ever when I crossed the finish line!! I've never experienced anything like it. You'll be so happy that you did it!
And the bike part of mine was 14 miles, but I did it on an old mountain bike. It was grueling, and almost killed me, but it's possible to do without a road bike. Are you doing the Sprint or the Olympic?
Good luck!! I know you'll do awesome!
Post a Comment