Monday, April 27, 2009

Captain Underpants Lives On

An old picture of Little Ryan with Elder Young and his companion!


Our little Ryan is full of personality and funnies but today I really got a couple of good ones out of him. He spent most of the day with me, Kami was at a play date and we were running lots of errands. He was really excited to check out at Walmart because he had found an old gift card of Baili's that he was positive had money left on it that would cover his "guilty pleasure" Yep, you guessed it - CANDY!!!!! So he asked the lady if there was money on the card, she scanned it and told him "NO" Well being the great kid he is and an optimistic soul, he said to her, "well at least I got a receipt." HA - I mean, only an innocent little one could find the receipt showing the zero balance of a gift card, a good thing.
So sweet!
On we went with our chores and I took him to school. He was telling me about a kid in his class. I started asking, "is it the kid with the spikey hair?" and "oh yeah he comes to school with this other little girl from class" and then I said "and his mom......" when Ryan finished the sentence, "has a long neck!" I cracked up.....I could hardly drive.
So funny!
So the majority of my running around was shopping for supplies for our 72 hr Emergency Kit. I had been talking about it and making comments the whole time with Ryan. I was telling him that we were putting them together tonight and just generally mentioning "72 hr kits." So it was the funniest thing, when Ryan vented his annoyance about the kits when he said "so what's with these 15 year old kids?" Laugh Out Loud!!!
So cute!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kids are so funny. Congrats on your triathalon success. That's an awesome accomplishment!

The Matlocks said...

Hilarious. He'll always be my little RHINO, even if he thinks he's to cool to give me hugs :(