
ENTERING LAKE MEAD @ 6:47 a.m. - YES A.M. People.......



The kids ran through the finish line with me and are in this picture

I finished my first triathlon, Rage 2009 in 2 hrs 11 mins. It was incredible. The swim was by far my hardest and I did a lot of self-talk out there. I did however find some sort of "stride" midway so as I swam from buoy to buoy I was able to breath well and even talk to some ladies around me. I breast-stroked most of it, with a little sidestroking in between. It took me 32 mins, which actually beat my training time. I was exhausted when I got out of the water and couldn't even find my zipper pull when I stood up (eh ya that is the above picture - haha). My transition time was way too long (4:42) but I was pretty disoriented and couldn't imagine biking. Seriously?
Off I went, carrying my bike instead of wheeling it (eejit) and finally hearing the guy on the loud speaker making a joke about me I put it on the ground, told the official I was taking the penalty for using my IPOD and off I went. The ride was good, tough in some spots but overall was pretty good. I was singing on some of my ride - hilarious - I thought it was probably weird for the "hardcore triathletes" speeding past me to hear me la la-ing along with my music. My spin classes seriously paid off on the hardest hills and I passed 3 of my teammates. I came in at 58:38 which wasn't too bad, for my first go round. Oh btw, I did rent a road bike and it was awesome and they didn't give me the penalty for the IPOD! Transition 2 was great (1:28) and the 5k was pretty good too. I ran the whole way with my sister in law Kati, which was pretty cool. The terrain was rough, it wasn't paved, rocks everywhere (hence, RAGE IN THE SAGE - we do live in a desert) but after a few minutes, I found a zone and stayed in it. I ran the third leg in 34:32 which also beat my training time. At the very end, I asked Kati if she wanted to sprint to the end and before I even finished asking she took off - HECK NO - she didn't.......so all the adrenaline left in me kicked in and I beat her by 3 seconds...whoop! Team Bainbridge.......it was awesome! I'll definitely do it again and when I do I will beat my own time.

7 comments:
Glad to hear how you did! You are awesome! Maybe some day I will get brave enough to do one. I just don't know if I could do the swim. Your my inspiration!
I have been wondering how that went! Way to go!!!!! You look awesome - and I am really so impressed with you, but I knew you had it in you. Congratulations girlie!
Woohooo! Go Kim!!! You did so well and we are so proud of you, you're so inspiring. Hey, if an old hag like you can do a triathalon, it gives the rest of us hope...j/k. The pics are great, you look awesome!
That is so awesome Kim! Sounds hard, but fun! I need youaround me for a little more motivation!
I am so proud of you!! I can't wait to talk to you!
Woman! You have redefined Sister in Zion! Add Triathlete to the list of the other million things you can do. One of these days I'm gonna- - -well, I'll probably--- OK, realistically, I might get up enough gumption to run a 5k- but hey that's good for me. I sure loved having you and the kids. We'll try to make to Las Vegas but it might not be when everyone else comes or it might just be a stop by. I need to get to my sister Cherisse's in San Fransisco before I'm too prego to travel or before I have the baby and before Lucy gets too bad. I was going to mail your scriptures last week but Wes went to Parump(sp?- but you know-Prostitute Paradise) and was going to try and drop them off on his way back- Well-that never happened. Anyways, I'll get them to you. Congrats on you accomplishment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!We love you guys
Awesome, Kim! I'm so proud of you!
Post a Comment