Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Im HOT right now!

I'm so sick of WALMART and its monopoly on low prices. It's like you are trapped between their crappy service and getting a deal. Backed into a corner, caught in a cage like a rat, forced to make a decision to shop somewhere else if you would like to do so in peace! I'm so sick of it!!!
They say writing is therapeutic so I'm trying to heal my anger with this post!
Over the years I've had many a blood pumping experience at the checkout of our friendly neighborhood Walmart. And over the years I really feel like I've learned to curb my tongue and control my blood pressure as well as the urge to punch someone in the face. I pride myself on thinking about the poor underpaid cashier and how its not their fault....but who the heck cares anymore, I just want someone to pay for my wasted time.
I know you're dying to know what happened this time and if my knuckle sandwich actually made epidermal contact..................hmmmm! Close but no!
I was in the SPEEDY check out - 10 items or less. There was 4 or 5 people in front of me and all of a sudden I notice we've all been in the same spot for over 5 mins. Start looking around, no CSM, no light flashing.....what's the flippin hold up??? The lady at the checkout was fumbling in her wallet and then proceeded to have a conversation with the cashier, like they hadn't seen each other for months and had tons to catch up on. Eh ok? Look around a little more, nothing!
So I decided (with some reminders from the angel sitting on my right shoulder) to keep calm and just walk up and see if the cashier would like me to go get a CSM (CUSTOMER service manger) because remember service is all about the CUSTOMER and not having them stand around unnecessarily for 10 minutes. She abruptly told me one was called and I felt like Id just been told to go sit in my chair....like elementary school! BREATHE!!!!
Stand around some more, blood beginning to boil, angel on shoulder yelling, trying to be patient but I am IRISH, I am a WOMAN, I am LATE, and I. Am. Going. To. Blow.
Thank goodness for cell phones and the fact that I have the stores number programmed into it (it really is a love/hate relationship). I call the main number and explain to them that I am at checkout 26 for the last 10 minutes and they should send over a CSM. Granted I did this with a loud voice but whatever.....time is money and I already give enough of my money to Walmart.
No sooner is the line moving FINALLY but a cashier that had been wandering around stocking cigarettes (don't even get me started) pops up and opens checkout 25.....ya, the one behind me! SCREEEEAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!
Why do I continue to support this ridiculous store.....I dunno, I'm crazy, they are cheaper than everywhere else! I got out as fast as I could bill totalling $2.06 - sigh and awkward laugh - I was proud that I restrained myself with the cashier, from past experience I was afraid someday I might end up being her visiting teacher or she my kids teacher somewhere! She did have the audacity to ask me if I wanted to sign up for a Walmart credit card.....are you smoking something??? I'm thinking of making a shirt that says, "No I don't want a Walmart credit card" so every time I checkout I don't have to be reminded that I already spend too much in this stinkin store and don't want an extra means to contribute to the monopoly!!!
Grr, grr, and more grrr......I'm so mad still.
There is no moral to the story but a tip. Go to Walmart at 6a.m. The chances are slim that you will have someone with a cart full of groceries at the ONE checkout that they have open....although it has happened to me...... but you can usually get in and out, do returns quickly and can pretend that you're sleepwalking if someone annoys you!

3 comments:

GHFamily said...

Honey, I do shop at 6am and it's not much better. Just other day two cashiers were talking and told me to wait and gave me the hand when I asked if either one of them could check me out....

Alicia H said...

ARGH! I hear ya sista!

Lynette said...

Haha! Love this post. I finally did give up and have not set foot into a Walmart in 11 months!!!! Hate that place!