Even though shes only 13, Baili's been asking me to give her a driving lesson for about a year now! I thought I would surprise her when we went to visit Nana in Alamo and take her out for her first time. I will admit I was nervous about letting my little girl behind the wheel but she was super excited. I took her over to the high school in Alamo where there were no cars or people and off she went....well I coached her through what to do first and then off she went! I was a nervous wreck. She wanted to go fast... haha....
In honesty, she did fantastic. She drove our van, which is an automatic so she didn't have to shift gears but I did teach her to drive with one foot, instead of two, which is how I drive. She drove around the parking lot, parked the car in a spot a couple of times, reversed out and drove around and in between some school buses. She was very calm and controlled (I was not) and she was really happy. Only 2 years before her permit.....thats kind of a long time to wait :( She has asked me to drive about 10 times since. I told her we will schedule lesson #2 in the Autumn if she is good.
In honesty, she did fantastic. She drove our van, which is an automatic so she didn't have to shift gears but I did teach her to drive with one foot, instead of two, which is how I drive. She drove around the parking lot, parked the car in a spot a couple of times, reversed out and drove around and in between some school buses. She was very calm and controlled (I was not) and she was really happy. Only 2 years before her permit.....thats kind of a long time to wait :( She has asked me to drive about 10 times since. I told her we will schedule lesson #2 in the Autumn if she is good.


0 comments:
Post a Comment