I've mentioned before that I used to be very particular about my house and was known (at least within my family) for my organization skills! It all went out the door by the time baby #2 rolled in and Ive pretty much let things go since then. I just can't seem to stay on top of my house. Once I get going I don't mind cleaning and I still have the remains of an "organization queen" so I enjoy purchasing stuff to organize - but do I ever actually get it off the ground and into a system....umm not really. Over the years Ive tried different things like "LAUNDRY DAY"....should work right? Well it didn't really for me. I guess we have too much laundry for just one day and I iron (which seems to be a task of the past for most people I talk to) so that is like another chore unto itself - too much for one day. Anyway....I found this neat little system on Andrea's blog and loved it. The original idea is @
Sherbet Blossom and she explains how this simple little "system" works. So, any opportunity to bust out the un-used scrapbook paper is always exciting and my inner crafty chick started jumping for joy! This is what I created! It's simple and I just printed my tasks for the week but used her ideas as a guide. I also switched some of the days to work with my schedule - gym time is muy importante! I cleared off my bedside table and it sits there waiting daily for the fun to begin......
Last week wasn't exactly perfect but I did feel a sense of order as I followed a smaller daily list. I didn't get the fridge cleaned out or the cupboards wiped down but I did get bathrooms & floors cleaned which was an improvement from the past. I also liked the morning & night routine which kept me focused on the daily stuff. If you look real close on Wednesday, you'll see it says "Birthday Cards" so for those of you who normally get a b'day card a week after your birthday - times are looking up!
Fingers crossed - either way you know I love ya......

4 comments:
So cute Kim! Hopefully I can start actually using mine once Tyson's basketball schedule dies down. I've been trying to follow it, but I kinda have to do whatever I can, whenever I have a chance!
How bout you come up here and organize me life.....Ah now.
What a great idea. I love it. Hope it keeps you on track. Good work luv.
~Mandy
Wow those are really cute Kim! Still it seems you have to make time to put those together too, right? I just write my chores on my mommy calendar and look at it everyday to see what needs done. I NEVER attempt to do ALL of them in one day. And laundry just for 3 of us is twice a week, so I know how you feel there, probably more like a daily thing for you guys ;)Since I started doing that, I don't feel like my house is getting away from me anymore. I just feel accomplished for the day and by the end of the week its all done! Everyone is different and whatever you can do to keep yourself motivated and organized is always wonderful!
Post a Comment