Sunday, April 25, 2010

Angel of Music

In the last few months Ive gotten to see THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA twice here in Las Vegas at the Venetian. WOW!!! It is an amazing show. I've always loved the story and brilliant music of Phantom, but never did I imagine how amazing it could be done Vegas style. The first time we went to see it, Mark Cedric Smith, a friend of Mandys gave us a backstage tour after the show. That's him in the picture with Sam and I and my Mom. He plays 2 or 3 different roles in the production. It's amazing all the stuff that goes on behind the scenes. We also got to say "hi" to the phantom, as he was getting his makeup off. Ahhhhh I couldve lived the life of a broadway actor/dancer! Well that obviously wasn't the path for me although I do a mean "good morning baltimore" in my car...lol!
The second time I went with my great friend Lyla. It was our Paddy's day celebration. No Irish connection other than me?? It was super fun and I actually cried because even though the phantom is a psychotic stalker, I felt for him and wanted someone to love him. awww....tear :(
Amazing talent all the way from Andrew Lloyd Weber to the cast and crew at the Venetian. I can't wait to see it again.

0 comments: