So anyway, the family is doing great. The kids are busy and having a lot of fun doing lots of different things.
Baili is doing "Seussical, The Musical" with our stake and just got her part of "Thing 1"
The performance is in May. She also tried out for advanced orchestra today. She's been practicing cello and said she felt good about how it went. She will find out next week if she made it.
If ever anyone LOVED young women, it is Baili. She loves her leaders and volunteered to create a slide show for New Beginnings this week. Sam and I were a bit nervous about how that would go because neither of us know how to do it and couldn't help her. She put so much time into it and the result was fantastic. It made her Young Women leader cry......and brought a great spirit into the program when they played it. I'm so proud of her. She is turning into such a beautiful young lady, inside and out!
Jacob is immersed in reading the Percy Jackson books. He has pretty much given up T.V. and computer games for his new passion of getting through the series. He's on book three right now and announced today that one other kid in his class is catching up so HE has to finish book three this weekend. I love that he is enjoying reading. I am not a reader - I can read - but don't have any love for sitting down and drowning in a story. Sometimes I wish I did but I would NEVER find the time so I will just encourage Jacob instead. Jacob also started playing basketball with his school. He has practice once a week. He's staying busy with his cub scout den as a Webelo and loves scouts. Last week Jacob was awarded the "BE KIND" award at school.
Ryan has been playing basketball at the YMCA. He had a great season and learned a lot. He is so cute to watch on the court. He takes his coaches advise very seriously and sometimes is so focused on waving his arms in front of the other team, he forgets to watch out for the ball when his team has it. He's funny! Even though they didn't make the finals, we're really proud of how he did this season.For Nevada Reading week, the kids dressed up each day of the week. Today Ryan was Abraham Lincoln. We threw this costume together in 15 minutes. He looked AWESOME!!!!



0 comments:
Post a Comment