Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Elders Take the Win!!!!!

Every year our ward has an Elders (younger guys from church) VS. High Priests (more "mature" gentlemen from the ward) softball game. This year Sam is the Elders Quorum President so he took the challenge VERY seriously.....hee hee. He did a lot of organizing and prepping. It turned out great. They had hot dogs, chips & cookies as well as a bounce house and obstacle course for the kids, that's Jacob at the bottom of the pile of kid bodies. It was hot outside but the "FANS" were shaded so it was perfect to watch the game. Sam didn't play but boy did he keep everyone organized, rotating players and keeping score, as a true auditor should! I heard, from our Bishop that there was a lot of smack talking going on before the game. I guess the Sunday before Sam referred to a "storm of elders" coming on Friday, as he pretended to check what the weather was going to be likes. The Sunday after the game, he gave a tube of BEN GAY to the poor losers as their award, sad........




1 comments:

GHFamily said...

I love this ward tradition!