Most of the pictures from our DisneyWorld Trip are of Kami because 1. she was mostly with me and 2. the others could care less about taking a picture! Kami was super excited about Mickey and Minnie Mouse as well as the princesses!

We didnt wait to see Ariel last time because it was a 60 minutes wait.
This year wasnt as long and Kami played in the water grotto before visiting Ariel.
The Haunted Mansion is by far one of the kids favorite rides at Disney. The ride was down for the first half of the day so finally we were able to get on it. Sam's signature "scream" while on the ride happened this year as in years past - such an eejit!! haha! The ride broke down part way through which was interesting for Ryan and Kami who I was riding with. The kids favorite part is at the end when you see yourself in a mirror with a ghost riding in your cart with you.
We decided to leave the park a little early because we had to drive back to the beach. There was a special dance, shake it parade at 5:30 so the girls and I waited while Sam and boys went and got icecream. They were gone a long time and the parade started. I was getting nervous about them finding us because a lot of people started crowding around the sidewalk where we were sitting. After a while, someone tapped my shoulder to look out of the crowd and Sam and Jacob were standing there will 5 melting Mickey Mouse icecreams......Jacob looked like an icecream version of "Carrie" with dripping icecream melting down his arms onto the ground.....poor thing. He was so sad! We hurried out of the front of the crowd - with the two double strollers mind you - and finally decided just to chuck the $15 worth of icecreams into the trash.....just wasnt worth the effort. As I stood there with Jacob so distrought and Kami having a meltdown, Ryan trying to eat the chocolate ears of the cone before it went into the trash......Baili was in a trance.....I could only think how ironic the saying...."the happiest place on earth" haha....not in that moment! It was a great day though and we used the opportunity to teach the kids that when things go wrong, we regroup and look on the bright side! We talked about all the fun things we did get to do that day and how great it all was!
"Make a wish" show with Mickey, Minnie and all their friends....so cute! Kami and I saw it in the middle of the day and then we all saw it just before the parade!
The Haunted Mansion is by far one of the kids favorite rides at Disney. The ride was down for the first half of the day so finally we were able to get on it. Sam's signature "scream" while on the ride happened this year as in years past - such an eejit!! haha! The ride broke down part way through which was interesting for Ryan and Kami who I was riding with. The kids favorite part is at the end when you see yourself in a mirror with a ghost riding in your cart with you.Buzz Light Year Ride - another favorite of the kids!
We decided to leave the park a little early because we had to drive back to the beach. There was a special dance, shake it parade at 5:30 so the girls and I waited while Sam and boys went and got icecream. They were gone a long time and the parade started. I was getting nervous about them finding us because a lot of people started crowding around the sidewalk where we were sitting. After a while, someone tapped my shoulder to look out of the crowd and Sam and Jacob were standing there will 5 melting Mickey Mouse icecreams......Jacob looked like an icecream version of "Carrie" with dripping icecream melting down his arms onto the ground.....poor thing. He was so sad! We hurried out of the front of the crowd - with the two double strollers mind you - and finally decided just to chuck the $15 worth of icecreams into the trash.....just wasnt worth the effort. As I stood there with Jacob so distrought and Kami having a meltdown, Ryan trying to eat the chocolate ears of the cone before it went into the trash......Baili was in a trance.....I could only think how ironic the saying...."the happiest place on earth" haha....not in that moment! It was a great day though and we used the opportunity to teach the kids that when things go wrong, we regroup and look on the bright side! We talked about all the fun things we did get to do that day and how great it all was!





5 comments:
I loved the pictures of Kammi- she looks so much like you - beautiful! Someday I hope we can take our kids there ( with maybe minus the meltdown :) ).
That sounds about right, the chaos of Disney. It's all worth the memories though. Great pics, I'm sure the kids were so happy you guys got to go to Disneyworld afterall. So funny about the timeshare experience. How many of those have we been too for free stuff? Keep the fun pics coming. We miss you guys
~Mandy
I was just waiting for you to say that you turned around and Ryan was gone, or in the middle of the parade. lol. Love the updates. Hope Baili feels better :(
What a fun vacation!! I can't wait to take our kids there someday!
Hey Kim- Kira was telling me about your blog, so I came to check it out. Looks like you are having a great time. My kids are counting the days until you guys are back and school starts:) Anyway, we also have a blog - lvwilcoxcrew.blogspot.com Check it out when you have a chance, and we'll see ya soon!
Post a Comment